Friday, January 18, 2013


Day ?

I spend approximately 24 seconds each day wondering what day it is and what time is it, rarely do I find out either. I will now provide a brief synopsis on the wildlife and fauna. Firstly the mystery has been solved about the gunshot sound followed by a secondary solid bang and final plop. The origin of this startling sound that occurrence once or twice an hour waking me up throughout the night is some sort of nut, like a small coconut with a sort of semi green outer layer. It departs the tree, pounding the hollow wooden roof, falling to the porch and then rolling off into the mud below, an autopsy must be in order.

The cats and dogs wander in and out of restaurants, tonight a dog turned down my nachos while a cat stalked them quietly from the ledge, naturally the felines name was Nacho. Crabs in the front yard, mosquitos in the back. A Hummingbird outside my window, a gecko in the bathroom and coach roaches in the kitchen.
The supposed scourge of the island is the sand fly. I have never encountered one myself, but my legs say otherwise, if indeed their signature be abundant tiny red dots forming 2 ½ by 2 ½ by 2 ½ inch triangles. They are smaller than atoms and only come out at night, a dangerous combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment