Tuesday, January 29, 2013


The Next Day(Today)

To quote Jimmy Buffett on the subject of this morning “My head hurts, my feet stink and I don’t love Jesus”. As it goes, straight from bed to boat. Inaudibly groaning I sat huddled in the wheel house as we hiked over ten foot rollers, in pouring rain, searching for whale sharks.

I came back for a snack of the most demoralizing thing to happen since the knife I bought and fully rusted six hours later. Whist shoveling handfuls of old raisin bran down my throat I thought to myself, “well this doesn’t taste good”. A visual inspection of the bags contents held an unacceptable level of movement. Immediately my mouth was emptied at a speed of 74 miles per hour.

Paid my reef fee, on my way back I walked into Roney’s Garage (Go Where You Want Go) to inquire about the bicicletas. “Were shipping in some new bikes” He said looking up from the weld, “500L and you can have it”. “Yes!”. “Or 100L a day to rent”. “Ummm, I think I’ll just purchase to own”.
It only keeps getting better on this island. So with just the graces of the Duppys, the rusty bike will survive without tools and I can survive with the vicious drama of the single lane island super highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment