Saturday, February 9, 2013


The 6th

Went to the American bar to watch the football game. It was the United States verse Honduras qualifying game for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, the first of two for Honduras in the North American, Caribbean, Central American bracket. When the U.S scored the first point the Hondurans, enraged, drew knives and machetes, someone ran out and came back with a can of gas, threatening to burn the bar to the dirt. I snuck out the back to use the restroom. I returned four hours later, or however long a football game takes, and found Honduras beat the United States 2 to 1. Jubilation was in the air.

It has been a month since I have seen or heard any news, other than that of the Coconut Radio. Whenever I have the opportunity to take a peek my chest fills with electric dread and I must turn away in haste. The farthest I got was glancing up to the right hand corner of the yahoo news, you know, where they post the most searched and usually wind up cutting it off. It said “Cats kill millions”. I instantly slammed the computer shut and sprinted of the sea.

I hope to return home to hear some sort of shocking news, something like, “Governor Chris Christi agrees to bathe in the Mississippi River, raising the water level enabling continued shipping commerce.”

No comments:

Post a Comment